Sunday, April 08, 2007

Jinxed!



Hey Ya'll! Yep, you guessed it. We are the traveling flea road circus! If you've read my old blogs, you would know that road trouble seems to love us. So here's the latest story. I'd have let you known earlier in the week this silly saga, but we had no internet access. Talking about feeling like the dark ages!
Let me preface this story with the real beginning of the road trouble. We headed out of town Monday morning with the kids and cars loaded for a week of sun and fun. We both packed and decided to meet at the store for the journey to begin. Sunday night while packing my husband had COPS on. They of course had a lovely woman pulled over for speeding who just happened to have a warrant out for her arrest. That is when it hit me that I had a pile of parking tickets from downtown Newnan (where the meter maid is relentless!) in my glove compartment. Guess what, if you don't pay those $25 pain in the -----s they put out a warrant for your arrest. So needless to say, we made a little trip to the police station on the way out of town to pay my 5. I had high hopes that this would ward off any pending road trouble later in the trip. Boy was I wrong!
We arrive Monday afternoon with no trouble, and quite a pleasant ride too I might add. Valerie had the boys, I the girls. It took about 7 hours with several junkin' stops, several potty stops and several junk food stops, but we made it safe and sound into the dreamy beach village of Carillon. We unloaded, dressed for the pool and swam until way past bedtime. As we settled in for the night, there was prediction of rain, so I ran out and rolled up the windows to my van parked in front of Valerie's Suburban. We spent the next day at the beach and pool all day. I guess it was late that afternoon that Mailey was looking for the mermaid Barbie I thought might be in the van. That's when I discovered it locked, and moments later discovered that the keys were yes, in the ignition. Not worried because we had the suburban, I walked up to the guard house and asked if the police could be called for a jimmy. Informed very politely that they do not do this, I was given Dana's locksmith #. After a call in to her I decided that calling Billy to mail the spare would be cheaper. Only problem, no key for the mailbox. UPS! So, he located the extra key and placed it in the hands of our dear brown service. I received the keys on Thursday morning and placed them in my purse. Happy that the $6.00 was very well spent and we could get home. That afternoon we were headed to Seaside and all hopped into the van only to find that yes, you guessed it, it was dead. So, I won't bore you with many details, because the pictures tell it all above. We had to get the cuttey pattootees from two doors down to help roll the van down the drive and then jump it off. I parked it carefully front facing this time and sent the boys on back to Atlanta! We ended up having to leave it connected to the suburban for a long bit Saturday morning prior to our long trip home. Luckily, it made the whole trip home without a hitch!

No comments: