Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kudos

Another successful Art Walk is once again behind us. Kudos to all those that came by The Vintage-Flea, especially since both the local high schools had home games. Kudos especially to my wonderful staff. Since Jenni has left, I have had a lot more on my mind and more lists to complete. These girls make me laugh everyday and The Flea would be nothing without all of them. Speaking of the Flea, I got a lot of comments on our store decor. The Halloween section was especially a big hit. Well believe it or not I start getting ideas several months to a year in advance. (I am now finding vintage items for the 4th of July holiday in 2009!) So I was especially excited to pick up a new magazine called Halloween Tricks and Treats by Matthew Mead. The magazine is mostly filled with spooky edible treats for parties and since my son has an October birthday, I thought it would be fun to try some of the recipes.
I was tickled when I found some great decorating ideas as well. Look at how cute this pumpkin is painted with chalkboard paint.
Speaking of pumpkins, this is a felted pumpkin with a sculpted face. I am thinking a Ladies Night Out project for next October.
This coat rack is amazing and will certainly be at the flea next year. I especially love the "Save the Date" calender page and black and white socks.
What a treat basket this would make at our Fall Art Walk next year!! Filled with yummy bags of flea treats.
Our next merchant mainstreet event will be our Holiday Open House on November 9th from 12-5pm. Get an early start on your Christmas shopping downtown Historic Newnan.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I had a wonderful time Friday night. Thanks SO much for letting me display my Scrabble pendants. I am looking forward to the Holiday Open House. :)

Heather
Http://www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com