Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Inspired

So I have been wanting to change my office at The Vintage-Flea for some time now. When we first moved into the building, Jenni did a gorgeous wall mural on the back wall of the office as a surprise to me. Imagine a chocolate brown wall with vibrant green foliage and ginormous hot pink flowers. Very pretty.. but it has been 5 years now and I need a change. Cruising the blog world I found these great inspiration pieces from Desire To Inspire. Embroidery hoops have been turned into great design accents with the use of gorgeous fabrics. How easy (and cheap) is that!!!
This one is my favorite- used as a bulletin board or inspiration board.


Think of all the possibilities.. clothing from your child that you just can't get rid of, lacey doilies can be turned into jewelry displays, any of Amy Butler's fabrics (need I say more). Here is a tutorial from The Purl Bee on how to make the fabric hoops. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny that you blogged about this! I just bought a stash of hoops at Angel's to make some fabric collage work! Maybe I'll make one to start the new look off for your office! Just take a photo before you paint over it for me ;).

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! ~Kelley Sue