Sunday, September 06, 2009

Dealer Spotlight- Georgia Ann

Now that the Labor Day Sale is over.. it is full speed ahead at The Vintage-Flea. Fall and Halloween merchandise will be going out on the floor beginning this week. With that means a store redo with interesting vignettes reflecting the our carefully thought out themes. And while we are going to be upside down for a bit downstairs, I have to give props to my wonderful vendors upstairs (and a few downstairs too). Most come in every week to say hello to us and to bring in new goodies into their booths. We appreciate them and with that I am starting a new Dealer Spotlight Series... for you to appreciate them too. First up on my list is the very effervescent Ann Pelrose or Georgia Ann. She literally lights up my day with her huge smile!
Flea: Tell me a bit about yourself, are you from Newnan originally?
Georgia Ann: I grew up in south Alabama, where country living is very simple. We walked barefoot, swam in creeks, and every Sunday we went to my Mama Rosa's where she always cooked fried chicken and made banana pudding. I have been married for 21 years and have two sons, ages 15 and 19, that I absolutely adore.
Flea: You have 2 sons and have a cleaning business.. how do you have time to find things for your booth?
Georgia Ann: Yard Sales. Yard Sales. Yard Sales. My absolute favorite thing to do. Saturday mornings are my time. "Early bird gets the worm."
Flea: So we all have dumpster dived at one time or another to find a fabulous piece.. do you have any funny stories to share?
Georgia Ann: About 5 years ago, I was taking my oldest son to school at Newnan high when I spotted this neat, primitive little table on the side of the road. I had my son jump out and load it up. My husband thought it was the ugliest table he had ever seen. Well guess what? It was the first piece I sold when I first opened my booth!
Flea: You have lots of primitives in your booth and yet some amazing vintage finds as well. (I'm so in love in your vintage mustard card catalog) How do you describe your design style?
Georgia Ann: I have a country soul and my roots trace back to the deep south. Mixing old with new is the trendy thing to do and it really shows my style.
Flea: Lastly.. What collections do you have at home that you treasure most?
Georgia Ann: For my 10th wedding anniversary, my husband brought home an old primitive corn bin (I was so excited!!) from Blue Ridge, Ga. It had a hole in the front where rats had chewed it up trying to get to the corn mill. It has so much character!
Thank you Ann for playing with us!!

No comments: