Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Break

This week the Coweta County schools are having their Winter Break which means I have to pay lots and lots of payroll!! Ha Ha. I haven't been to the shop in a few days and am missing it terribly. Sally is working her magic with getting in some fabulous new vendors for our upstairs consignment area. Sherry Cook will be bringing in some of her encaustic pieces and folk art pieces, Kelly Farris will be bringing in some vintage linens and aprons, and Betsy Burnette is looking into an area for her wonderful collections. You may remember Betsy from Paper Appointments, a stationary shop across the street from us which closed last year.
So while the store is being taken care of very well, I decided to use my new Valentine's Day gift from my sweet husband and venture down to one of my favorite Antique Malls in Alabama.
Even though I knew where I was going, Tom Tom talked me right to the front door. Angel's Antiques is located South on Hwy 85, exit 62. (just pass the Alabama line). This place is huge, I believe it was a Wal-Mart at one time and has over 350 booths.
I was searching out jewelry pieces to use in my Junk Drawer Metalsmithing class that I'll be taking out in Vegas next week. More on that later. Also worth mentioning is Ressurect Antiques which is right next door to Angel's. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to go in and say hello to Michelle, the owner, and be tempted by her wonderful displays. Man that girl knows how to showcase a product. You can see some of her shop pictures online at her website. And speaking of websites.. I have changed my etsy blog banner and have added some artwork online. Hope you stop by and take a look.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I'm so glad you wrote about these, Valerie. My group of friends and I are hoping to visit both after our jaunt to Perch in Auburn and before visiting you at the Flea!

The Vintage-Flea said...

Also go to Timeless Antiques on your way back.. exit 77 on I-85. Found some great looking chairs and a clock there this past week. Can't wait to see you all on Friday.

dewgiesgirl said...

I miss you, Valerie!! I'm glad you'll be back in soon :)