Monday, May 28, 2007

Workshop Fun and Movie Stars




So Valerie and I headed to Atlanta for a four day workshop on Encaustic Painting this past weekend. Valerie has been using this wonderful technique for about 2 years now, I am sure you've seen her beautiful work hanging in our store. When an R&F Paints workshop became available for our area she asked if I wanted to come along and I said heck yea! The four days were a great experience for me because I am always up for a new art medium to explore. The first day there I walked in a bit late because it was the last day of school and my little William had his awards ceremony. So I walked in as we were doing introductions. The gentleman between Valerie and Gina (our fabulous instructor) is Linden Ashby, one of our classmates. After he said his name and that he'd recently moved here we moved on to the next person, Ann Berry from NEWNAN, then Lauren from Tyrone one of our regular customers. Small world, isn't it? So back to Linden, I knew I knew him. I even asked if he was from Newnan, or perhaps went to Auburn. Then Valerie chimed in with the "You just moved from LA, right?" "Are you an actor?" Well, yes he is. So giddy as girls at a Rick Springfield concert, I was able to get this photo of our nice classmate with Valerie and Gina. In the other picture is Jena a retired art educator and Layton Chavis. Layton is the nicest man who is about to move to North Carolina to go back to school for a masters in art! Man, I gotta give him a thumbs up for this. Valerie and I made a bunch of new art we can't wait to share. So be looking on the walls soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Linden Ashby fan here -- any idea if the move from CA means Linden has giving up his acting career (and, if so, what he's doing now)?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

He moved to Atlanta with his wife and 2 beautiful daughters to be closer to family. He has a role in the upcoming Rambo movie that is due out this year. He was very funny and talented. We had a great time in the Encaustic class.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply -- it's a great relief to hear he hasn't given up acting!