Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Vent

Hey all.. well Jenni writes these things all the time but she wasn't with me on this adventure and I just had to share. So off to Atlanta I go with my Olivia (8) and Brice (5) in tow to the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain Park. What a disappointment. Is it my imagination or was everything from a craft bazaar? I didn't see anything original or inspiring. But no matter- the real reason why we were in Atlanta was to pick up this cool couch that I found on Craigslist. We are putting out our Halloween merchandise next week and I thought this would be great in a display. So off we go to Canton.

When we get to the house....nobody was home. Now let me back up by saying the only communication I had with the seller was that we wanted to purchase the sofa and would pick it up after 5pm on Saturday. She said that would be fine and that she would be home. After about 5 minutes of ringing the doorbell, I left her a note saying that I would take my kids to dinner down the street and for her to call me when she got home. 1 hour later I get a call saying that she sold the couch 4 hours ago at 3pm!!!! A real honest women that one was...

It wouldn't have been so bad if on our way back home both Southbound lanes of Interstate 75 and 85 were shut down due to a bad traffic accident. All of us were rerouted to Interstate 285. 4 hours later the kids and I arrive home. I went up for a sofa but came back with this precious cargo instead.

He won't be for sale in our Halloween display though. :-)

No comments: