Sunday, March 30, 2008

What's in a name?



Hi all.. It's Valerie this time writing a quick post in our Flea blog. Wanted to share with my loyal readers something that happened this weekend. Saturday I was enjoying watching my son's soccer game and chit chatting with the other moms on the field. One of my friends said to me that she wishes she could get down to the store more often but her house wasn't decorated "vintage" so she saw no reason to come down. I was flabbergasted that she said this to me. Yes we are called The Vintage-Flea but we don't sell just vintage items. Perhaps her definition of vintage means something different than my version....

Jenni and I spend a lot of time searching for the right mixture of new and old for our store. We go to all the Atlanta Merchandise shows and we went to the NYC Gift Show this winter. We hit every antique mall, flea market, and estate sale in a 30 mile radius on a monthly basis. And we are constantly looking at online venues such as Etsy, Ebay and Craigslist for undiscovered gems. So you see.. The Vintage-Flea is just a name. A rather clever name we think.

Oh one more quick note.. more new mercandise is on the way... Jewelry from Metal Monk, our signature candle line from Nouvelle, more gorgeous pillows, and much much more. Please come down and see. Support your friendly flea chick!

No comments: