Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Another Hollywood Visit

Okay I admit it.. I do get jealous when I open up the pages of Southern Living Magazine or Country Living Magazine to find wonderful glossy spreads on fabulous shopping areas in Atlanta. Yes Star Provisions is amazing and Virginia Highlands is on my "favorites" list but never do these publications go beyond the perimeter of Atlanta to seek out places like Newnan. There are so many wonderful little mainstreets outside the big city!! I can not say that about Hollywood though. You see our little town has been blessed as a filming location for many movies, television series, and commercials. Currently Newnan is being used in the lifetime series Drop Dead Diva.
You remember my posting here about the Zombieland Movie that was filmed outside my store.
Here is a partial list of other movies and tv shows that have been filmed in Newnan.

Movies on the "Big Screen"
Angel From Montgomery
Driving Miss Daisy
The Fighting Temptations
Fluke
Fried Green Tomatoes
Gordy
Moonrunners
Our Winning Season
Pet Sematary II
Raney
The Sheriff and The Satellite Kid
Sweet Home Alabama
The Unseen
The War

Television Movies and Shows
Andersonville
Caroline Skeletons
A Christmas Memory
Decoration Day
Desperate for Love
Flash
Grass Roots
Guyana Tragedy
I'll Fly Away
Mama Flora's Family
Manhunt in the Dakotas
Motor Home Massacre
Noah Deaborn
October Road
Passing Glory
Severed
Silent Victim
Stolen Babies
White Lie
Wife, Mother, Murderer
Zoobilee Zoo

So I guess Newnan won't be in the pages of a magazine just yet.. but you can see us as a backdrop on many of your favorite shows. I suppose the Atlanta shop owners can be jealous about that......

No comments: