Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dealer Spotlight.. Grit and Grace

Do you ever watch the Rachel Zoe project on Bravo TV? I am "Bananas" over this show! I am also "Bananas" over our next dealer.. Natalie Hayes, owner of Grit and Grace. She is our very own Rachel Zoe with her quirky inspirational t-shirts and Bohemian clothing collections that she represents upstairs at The Vintage-Flea. Natalie is so adorable when she comes in the shop wearing her adorable outfits, fabulous jewelry, and her vintage cowboy boots. This is what we learned about Grit and Grace....

Rachel Zoe Project on Bravo TV, Monday at 10pm

Flea..Hi Natalie.. thank you for participating. You are definitely a Southern Girl with tons of Southern Charm. What part of the South are you originally from?
Natalie..I am Originally from Atlanta.Ga.,a true Southern belle! My brother and I would go the movies on the weekends at the Fox theatre,and play at Piedmont Park.I attended College at The High Museum of Art in Atlanta,and received my BA.I met my husband, Peter,And that is how I landed in Newnan.We have three children, J.P.,23,Ben and Bailey, twins,that are 20! The last 23 years have been busy,fun filled years raising our children,and dogs!
Flea..You once had an antique booth over at Mrs. Wendy's Antiques.. how did you get started in antiques?
Natalie..I got started in Antiques after my Mom's Aunt Mary and Uncle Joe passed away.They were avid antique dealers from the Baltimore,Maryland area.They had a barn full of treasures "their so called rejects or unwanted projects", that they gifted to me. Why me? I use to play in their barn as a young girl and pretend I had a store with one of their old cash registers. I guess you could say they made my " play, pretend days" become true!
Flea.. But now you are selling the coolest clothes upstairs at The Flea.. Why the huge 360?
Natalie.. 360! it is! I was looking to mix it up a bit, and never dreamed the mix would be cool,hip t-shirts. They just grabbed attention with their amazing designs, colors,and inspiring messages.The t-shirts are a way to connect with customers offering everyone a chance to share short stories of there lives,journeys, and motherhood.

Flea.. How would you describe your personal style?
Natalie.. My personal style would probably be a"relaxed,hip mom" style! I say just be your own style,and have fun,and do not be fearful of change.Be creative with something old, and something new from "Grit and Grace" at The Vintage Flea!
Flea.. I am sure you keep up with the trends, what do you predict will be hot for Fall 2009?
Natalie.. The Trend For Fall 2009....Well,I do not claim to be a Fashion Diva in the fashion world! But,An oversized Boyfriend t-shirt, colorful scarf, short jacket, skinny jeans,and a pair of short boots! Great colors for fall are anything in purples and grays,and do not forget a big funky ring with some festive earrings.
Flea.. Thank you Natalie so much for playing along with us!
Natalie.. And many thanks to,Valerie and The Vintage Flea girls for All your smiling faces,great hospitality and over the help and hard work! I am so grateful to be a part of this great store.

No comments: