Sunday, June 06, 2010

Meet the Neighbors...

We have some new neighbors that have moved into our backyard paradise.. Romeo and Juliet. We have lived in this house for 7 years and we have seen several geese, a blue heron or two, but never any swans!! What a treat. The kids and I decided to play the welcoming committee this morning.
This brought back fond memories of my childhood living in South Florida. We lived on a small canal and I remember fondly treating the ducks to white wonder bread at least once a week. My father and brother would fish for catfish and my friends and I would take the canoe out and someone would intentionally turn us over for a fun dip in the canal. That was until an alligator showed up in our backyard and decided to hang out with us for a few days. We never swam in that canal again and the "what happened to the cat" question was finally answered.

Back to Romeo.. what a handsome fella. He had his feathers ruffled up for us the whole time making sure that his lady love was always protected.

Juliet stayed in the back for awhile before coming up to say hello herself. She was definitely very shy.

Olivia told Romeo over and over again.. please stop eating all the bread pieces, Juliet is hungry too! What a typical male.

Brice (blue shirt) had his friend over to "hang out". Ever see Diary of a Wimpy Kid?? Boys don't play together, they hang out. Oh and let me just say that my son probably has the largest collection of silly shirts amongst 8 year olds. His favorite in his collection says "your lips keep on moving, but all I hear is Blah Blah Blah". With that smirk you KNOW I have my hands full.

Finally this is my backyard that Romeo and Juliet have come to call their own... definitely prime real estate.
300 acres of pure bliss living sans alligator. Anyone want to go for a swim??

No comments: