Monday, July 12, 2010

The Indie Spirit

I've got spirit yes I do, I've got spirit how 'bout you??
This summer I set a goal to try to learn as many new crafts/art forms as I can. You see the summer is when I am in mommy overdrive and can not be at my shop as much as I need to be. Since I can not rearrange the shop, I need to find outlets for my creative juices... this is where the learning comes in. So in June I took a crochet class at the Two Sisters Knitting Nook in downtown Newnan. This was actually a kid's fiber camp so I dragged my 11 year old daughter, her two friends, and my 8 year old son with me. Well they took to this like nobody's business and started making their potholders.. just as happy as clams. I, on the other hand, was secretly cussing and gave up 1/2 way through. Such a role model, right?? So later that night my daughter helped me with my homework and I had a lightbulb moment (I actually said lightbulb like Gru in Despicable Me). Now I am a crochet addict and aspire to make the following projects... pictures found on Etsy.
Okay maybe the last one is a bit over my skill level at the moment.

For July I purchased a clutch purse kit from a company in the UK that boasts it to be "easy peasy". Well it was and now I am addicted to clutch purses. My daughter wants me to put a wrist cuff on the side so it is easier to hold and I also plan on making them much larger so normal wallets could fit inside. Either way I am now enjoying the hunt for vintage fabrics.

So do you have spirit??? What new things have you learned this summer??

1 comment:

dewgiesgirl said...

Love that clutch! I am thinking about taking a carpentry class. Would love to work on some DIY projects around the house.