Friday, March 28, 2008

Entry #1/ Well, not really.

I thought I'd give you readers an example of what we are looking for. This would be my entry. I had a hard time narrowing it down to three photos! But here goes: Hello, my name is Jenni and what makes my house a home is in the little details. You see, we live in a "cottage", so every little square inch of our home is used. I have to choose furniture carefully, often the piece has a mulit-purpose. Like my coffee table/ trunk full of family games/ instant game table. Over the years we have changed paint colors, traded in couches (We are on #6 in 12 years), added curtains, and added nic-nacs. But what remains a constant are my favorite little things I have around. The handmade clay birds made by my children sitting right along my vintage glass bird collection is top of the list. Also in this cabinet are the nests William has found over the years.
I have lots of art hanging around the house (imagine that!), and most of the time right beside my art is Mailey and William's. Like above in the kitchen.
This isn't in the house, but just as important. I had to choose between the swingset we use daily and this tree photo. Yes, it's leaning, but that's what makes it so special. This was Billy and I's first Christmas tree. We decided to buy a tree our first year that we could plant and watch grow. Well, let's just say that this is one happy tree, because it has grown like crazy. In fact it has major braces to keep it upright! I often dream of a huge house complete with an art studio that has heat and air. And then I look out the window at this tree and all the other little things we've done to make our house special over the years and can't imagine being anywhere else. This is our home, and I love it!

No comments: